You don’t buy new kitchen worktops every day. It’s a big investment, and one that you’ll take time and care over. After all, you want to get it right!
And because it’s such a big decision, it can sometimes feel a bit stressful. We understand that. That’s why we do everything we can to make the whole process as simple and frictionless as possible — from choosing your stone, right through to sealing the worktops once they’re installed. We’ve even created a definitive buyer’s guide for those looking to buy new kitchen worktops.
One area of the buying-new-worktops process that we know many people are unsure about is preparing the kitchen for installation.
The day of installation can feel like the culmination of a long process, so you want to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible. And so do we! To help you with that, we’ve put together a useful checklist of all the things you need to consider:
- Make sure that all your units and furniture are fixed in their intended place.
- The same is true for taps, hobs, sinks and white goods — make sure they are where they need to be.
- Have your sink templates at hand — preferably digital versions. Your sink provider should be able to provide this if you don’t have it.
- Fix any undermounted sinks into their support cradles, with the top of the sink flush with the top of the carcass.
- It’ll make life a lot easier on the day if you remove your old worktops before the day of installation.
- Make sure that all you pipework boxing is completed too.
With those tasks done, we’ll be able to install your kitchen worktops without a hitch, letting you get on with the task of enjoying your beautiful new kitchen.
If you’re unsure about any of these, don’t worry! Just give us a call and we can talk you through any questions you have.